Do you wonder how Peter Sagan, Jan Frodeno, Primoz Roglic, and Tony Martin’s coaches evaluate their athletes? And do you want to know how these coaches create structured training plans and nutritional strategies for their specific race goals?
INSCYD is for all athletes. It will benefit your training schedule and performance with both a scientific foundation and precise predictability. INSCYD will:
- provide you with a comprehensive look at the layers of your physiology that enable your actual performance.
- explain you how your performance is composed and what you can do to increase it.
- let you project further performances based on training improvements.
The performance you are looking for is composed of a variety of components and metrics, but if you only focus on FTP, power output or heart rate zones, you’ll miss accuracy and efficiency.
Why INSCYD Analysis over Traditional Lactate Testing?
YOUR QUESTIONS – OUR ANSWERS
- Are you a long course triathlete or endurance cyclist/runner with a low VO2Max that limits your speed?
- Is your body’s ability to metabolize its fat stores limiting your performance during long workouts or races?
- Are you more suited to more intense, shorter races due to a high anaerobic capacity?
- Our software combined with our knowledge and analysis will provide these answers…and more.
TRADITIONAL LACTATE TESTING
In traditional lactate testing, a stepped test in completed with lactate samples being drawn at predetermined time increments. The increase in exercise intensity elicits a response from the working muscles, which produce more lactate. By accurately measuring the lactate levels at each intensity we can plot the buildup of lactate in the blood stream and determine ideal heart rate and/or power training zones. This does allow for tracking improvements from one test to the next, but this is where the traditional lactate testing is limited…
What INSCYD does is takes this many steps further. Utilizing either a series of Critical Power Tests OR Lactate Sampling, not only can ideal trainingzones be developed via the software, but we can also determine the athlete’s VO2 Max (Aerobic Capacity), VLa Max(Anaerobic Capacity), Anaerobic Threshold (Maximal Steady State Power/Pace), FatMax (Maximal Fat Combustion) & CarbMax (Maximal Carbohydrate Combustion). Simply put, our software allows for a complete metabolic profile of the athlete which will instantly allow us to determine each individual’s strengths and weaknesses AND exactly how to address those to maximize performance gains.
We are implementing INSCYD developed by leading European physiologists and endurance coaches. It utilizes more than 4 decades of research and scientific data about how single subdomains of the energy metabolism in the muscle are controlled. Leveraging this data and results from techniques such as gas exchange analysis, magnetic spectroscopy and muscle biopsies the scientific findings have been translated into viable mathematical algorithms. These algorithms enable us to accurately develop a performance profile for each athlete and track changes in fitness over time.
POWER TELLS YOU HOW YOU ARE TRAINING – BUT NOT HOW TO TRAIN!
With INSCYD you can finally understand the interactions between your aerobic system and your fueling needs. Do you wonder, “How much should I consume per hour in order to maintain my performance?” With INSCYD, you’ll know that.
Get more out of your testing with 360 Physiological Profile Test
Using INSCYD together with VO2 Master and Lactate Sampling will give you your personal “Metabolic Fingerprint” which allow
- VO2max – maximum aerobic capacity
- VLamax – maximum glycolytic (anaerobic) capacity
- Anaerobic threshold and how it is composed
- Accumulation of Lactate and how quick you can recover from it
- Fat combustion rate and FatMax
- Carbohydrate combustion during training & racing
- Economy – how much energy you need at a given speed.
- Body Composition
- Fatique & Recovery
- Pyruvate & Lactate Accumulation
- FeO₂ (%)
- RF (bpm)
- O2 Hum
- Ve [L/min]
- Tv (L)
- Exhale Temp
*Remember: each sport performance is predictable and can be broken down into these fundamental elements
360 Physiological Profile Test Package
1 Sports 8,900 THB (Swim/Bike/Run)
add +2,500 THB for Race Plan 1 sports (Power/Pace and Nutrition Strategy)
2 Sports 16,500 THB (Swim/Bike/Run)
add +3,500 THB for Race Plans 2 sports (Power/Pace and Nutrition Strategy)
3 Sports 24,500 THB (Swim & Bike & Run)
add +4,500 THB for Race Plans 3 Sports (Power/Pace and Nutrition Strategy)
How Race Plan works?
Do you want to guess and fail in your goal race? or do you want to get it 100% correct and finish in a time that even you are surprised at!
Ask yourself these 3 questions
- How many grams of carbohydrates do you actually combust at race pace?
- How big are your glycogen stores in your body?
- How many grams (gels) can you consume per hour during your race?
From the test we can accurately calculate
- FTP (Anaerobic threshold) for swim, bike and run
- Race pace/power prediction
- Exactly how many carbs and fat you combust at race pace/power
- Exactly how many gels you need to consume during the race
In graph A we can see a detailed view of body composition, from here we take 3 metrics and enter them into the Race Plan Calculator (graph c)
- Body Weight 72kg
- Muscle Mass 31.2kg
- Active muscle mass 21.8 kg
These 3 metrics will calculate the bodies glycogen stores 420grams, assuming the athlete has correctly carbo loaded the week before the race
In Graph B, we can see the fat and carbohydrate combustion rate as a function of power (in cycling) and speed (in running). The red line shows your carbohydrate combustion rate in Kcal/hour and in grams per hour. The coach at JJ Pro Performance then calculates the planned race power/speed and the exact carbohydrate combustion rate per hour for the race (how many gels you will need). Please note EVERY ATHLETE will have a different rate at which they use carbs and it will also be different from the bike and run.
In Graph C, we can see that the metrics entered and the nutrition plan that is very accurately calculated , leaves a balance of 25grams carbohydrates as a safety net.
*Remark: please note you would also have to add swim into the calculation
*JJ Pro Performance ได้รับอนุญาติจาก INSCYD โดยถูกต้องและชอบด้วยกฏหมายทุกประการในการใช้ Software ในการประมวลผล รวมถึงขั้นตอนในการทดสอบทางกายภาพ
*JJ Pro Performance ขอสงวนสิทธิ์ในการเผยแพร่ข้อมูลการทดสอบ ข้อมูลดิบ วิธีการคำนวณ รูปภาพ ผลการทดสอบ เนื่องจากเป็นทรัพย์สินทางปัญญาของผู้ผลิต Software INSCYD
*ผลการทดสอบจะถูกส่งให้กับผู้ทดสอบในรูปแบบที่เจ้าของลิขสิทธิ์เป็นผู้กำหนด ห้ามกระทำการอันละเมิดลิขสิทธิ์ ห้ามนำข้อมูลใดๆ เผยแพร่ต่อสาธารณะ เว้นแต่เพื่อใช้ประโยชน์เป็นการส่วนตัวของลูกค้าผู้ทดสอบเท่านั้น